Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October 1, 2010 - 30 Days Until Spooky Time!

Greetings & Salutations

Happy October 1st Everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend of creative goodness! This weekend is a good weekend to play, decorate for the Festive Season approaching and chilling with some Green Olives and Vodka. LOL

Here is a quick tutorial on using Elmer's Caulk to get your creative juices flowing this weekend.
First...Make sure you buy the "CLEAR" caulking. Elmer's makes one also that looks like white glue. You don't want that one. Get the CLEAR one.

Okay, get your imagine (copyright free, i.e., public domain). I printed mine out on my ink-jet printer. Squeeze the caulking onto your substrate (i.e.,canvas, wood, papier mache box, canvas board, cloth) and then lay your image face down into the caulk.  Be careful not to get any of the caulking on the back of your image.  For best results, allow this to dry for 24 hours. I usually do a bunch at night so they are ready for me the next day.
I laid down some gesso on my piece of wood because I wanted a clean transfer. 
Here is my transfer dried. 
Second, you grab some water and start rubbing off the paper.  You might have to do this a couple of times until you get a clean image.
 
See how the water is removing the paper?  Keep doing this process until you get the image you want. It's really easy and simple and a lot cheaper than going through all of your Golden Gel Medium.

Enjoy and have fun!
Have a great Weekend and Until Next Time...
Cheers!

9 comments:

Sueann said...

Very cool tip!! Thanks...I will give this a try!
Hugs
SueAnn

Marisa said...

How wonderful, I love tutorials thank you so much!!

Marisa :)

Cindi Myers said...

WHOA! I LOVE this tip!
Thank YOU so much!
I can't hardly wait for the weekend to get here so that I can do some creating!
XOXO - Cindi

mermaiden said...

that's a rad tip! because i use gel medium transfers a lot, and the process needs its own checking account ;]

Anonymous said...

Wow I would have never ever thought about that Mish!!!

You are so darn creative it kills me!

I wish i was there having a vodka cocktail with you : ) Could I add some of those little white onions?

Hugs ~Pattee

Unknown said...

Hey Miss! Love this tutorial! You are soo talented! Hey you know there's a whole crazy month of HALLOWEENY goodness on my blog, right? :) Hugs! Zan

Mary Ropelato Art Dolls said...

I can't wait!!!! I am already going to a haunted house tonight to celebrate this most festive of holidays! :) I love this tutorial! Thanks for sharing, I am going to try it this weekend :)

Judy Shea said...

Love Elmer's Caulking for transfers.. how fun. Yours came out so clear.. Thanks for the toot, toots. This chilly we are having sure does feel like Halloween is coming... Boo!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I have wanted to learn how to do this so thank you for the tutorial!

I have my nose to the grindstone so no time for frivolity here!

Next weekend will be here before you know it!!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails