Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Madness and Mother's Day!

First of all ... I would like to wish all you Mother's out there a Very Happy Mother's Day and May your day be a creative one! Lock yourself in your Studio and PLAY, DANCE, SING, SCREAM, and of course...GIGGLE!

I'm still working on my WIPs, and they are coming along...slowly, yeah right...LOL So with that said, here we go for the Weekend Madness that occurred in the Studio this weekend!

The Gossip Girls and Yoda have been painted, crackled, and sealed! I still have to sculpt their legs and arms and sew their little outfits. Oh, and give them little hairdos!
The products that I USE ALL OF THE TIME ARE, DecoArt One Step Crackle and Sculpey Glaze. Believe me they rock and are the only things that work great! When sealing polymer clay, the Sculpey Glaze is the only thing that won't make your works have a sticky feel to them. The One Step Crackle by DecoArt is AWESOME! It works on paintings, cloth, and clay, and polymer clay! Try it, you will love these products!


I can't get this picture to work right...arrrrghhhhhh.... Oh well, here I have started getting some Folk Art Dolls done. They have been traced, cut, sewn and I added their first layer of Creative Paper Clay to them.



These Art Dolls are getting their first coat of Gesso. If you are applying clay to your cloth art dolls, you must Gesso them first so there is something that the clay can adhere to! I'm thinking these girls will be in a "Halloween" Theme...hmmmmmmm I guess they will tell me when I'm sculpting them! LOL

Here are some more April Fool's Heads that I have started and little house. See, I'm think Halloween already! WHOOOHOOOO

Here are two that I finished painting.

BIRDS...They got a paint job and are ready to fly the coupe! LOL These have been so much fun to sculpt and paint. I used Golden Fluid Acrylics and sealed them with Triple Thick Coat. Keep looking below for new ones I sculpted this morning!






Well I think that about covers it. LOL I'm off to get ready for Mother's Day and finish up some more birds. I hope you enjoyed your stay with me and until next time...

CHEERS!

11 comments:

Sue said...

Once again my dear, you inspire me with your creative energy! Looking forward to seeing your folk arty ones finished.

Anonymous said...

Wow Again Michelle I don't know how you do it... I agree with Sue... your an inspiration!

I love the gossip girls and those bids are way cool... I have just made 4 and they are all black like crows... LOL~
Pattee

Kaerie Faerie said...

You are a art-a-holic, I thought I worked a lot! hey does that deco art one step crackle work on air dry clays? I would like to try it.
I just made some grey stone clay primitives, crackle would be great! I've only used gesso once, and I found you really don't need it on high thread count cotton. But I use my paper clay really wet. Have a great weekend, I got to go to lunch at this great coffee house, in-between Sea Tow calls, still working 24/7 oh well, such is FL life
Happy Mom's Day
Karey

3rdEyeMuse said...

those mouths on the Gossip Girls are the best!

I didn't get to lock myself in, but was treated to a really, really good day, so that makes up for it. A little bloggin then it's back to the art table. :)

Zan Asha said...

Hey I agree--you still have TOO much energy, and that ain't a bad thing! :) Amazing, everything is amazing!

And thanks for all the little art tips, I am not that much into clays, but am interested..so maybe I will venture there soon :)

Hugs and Happy Mother's Day my friend!!

Unknown said...

Oh How lovely...Happy Mommy Day Michelle...did you slow a lil today? PINK rocks..my cleaning music....

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Julie said...

Thanks for your well wishes X ~ I Love the gossip girls soooo mucH!
; ) Julie

http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com said...

oh look at your creations I just love it, makes me wanna make stuff.!
Happy Mothers day.

You can still win the giveaway if you enter!!!
Brittany

http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

First of all, let me just say your sculptures are incredible! You have a very unique style, that I just love!!

I just thought you should know that although many coatings do remain sticky when used on polymer clay, Sculpey Glaze is not the only one that works.

Varathane water based wood varnish works beautifully with polymer clay and is actually a superior product to Sculpey Glaze. Future Floor Finish Acrylic Polish works excellently with clay as well.

Both products are cheaper to use, more durable and have a less plastic-y finish.

I recommend trying them. You should be pleasantly surprised with the lovely finish they give your gorgeous artworks!

Heather said...

wow, your dolls and those fancy birds are the sweetest! Hope you had a great mother's day!~

Anonymous said...

You make me dizzy!
I've tagged you, stop by when you get a chance! ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails